Reverse osmosis (RO) water filtration systems are getting more and more popular, and for good reason. Water from an RO filter is pure, healthy, and tastes fresher than water from other filtration systems.
How Reverse Osmosis Filtration Works
In an RO system, water flows from one side of a tank through a membrane to the other side of the tank and into your water supply.
Water is forced across a semipermeable membrane (high water pressure forces it through the membrane) that filters out contaminants before passing into your water line. The membrane is permeable by water but blocks other molecules, purifying the water as it goes through and removing 98% of dissolved solids.
Should I Use an RO System for All the Water in My House?
Use RO filtration systems for water that you will be consuming, such as for the sink and refrigerator, but we do not recommend using RO filtration for the whole house because it will not provide a high enough flow rate to pressurize an entire house unless you get an additional booster pump.
Interested in switching to an RO system? Give us a call! 587-602-1096
Benefits of Reverse Osmosis Filtration Systems
- Easy to service, annual filter replacement and membrane replacement every 5 years
- RO systems do not use chemicals or impact the environment negatively
- Affordably priced
- Easy installation and maintenance
- More effective at filtering out contaminants and impurities than the charcoal filters that are most commonly found in residences.
- Can be easily installed under your kitchen sink to give you RO-filtered drinking water.
Interested in installing an RO system in your home? Our technicians can help you find the right model for you, answer any questions you may have, and take care of installation efficiently and affordably.
Contact Us Now For Trusted and Reliable Plumbing and Heating Services: